Beet, Fig and Walnut Salad

Photo to go here


I came up with this recipe idea one afternoon while driving home and made it that same evening. I only had 2 large beets on hand, so I didn't make much and it was so tasty my husband and I ate it all before I could take a photo of it. Well, there was a tiny bit left over for the second day, but not enough to photograph, but enough to let me know that by the second day the dried figs become extra moist and juicy.

Note: This recipe is only a guideline, there are not proportions given

ingredients:
  • beets
  • dried black figs, cut into thick pieces
  • walnut pieces
  • light oil of your choice
  • balsamic reduction
  • dill, dried
  • salt to taste
method:

Shred the beets using a food processor and transfer to a bowl.

Add the figs and walnut pieces.  Drizzle with the oil and balsamic reduction, then sprinkle with dill and salt.  Toss to mix well.  Adjust dressing as needed


No comments: