Summer Squash Skillet

Photo coming soon...


My local farm market sells small bags of mixed mini-summer squash and zucchini - the really super tiny kind that are adorable but a pain to cut up if you want to make a big meal out of them! The little bags have a recipe on the front and I thought I'd give it a try.  It's so simple and tasty it's become a staple dinner side dish.  As with most of my recipes, this is a guideline, no exact amounts.

Ingredients:
  • a collection of mini summer squash and zucchini, cut into small chunks
  • oil of your choice for frying, I use coconut
  • several cloves garlic, minced
  • oregano, marjoram & basil, fresh or dried
  • cherry or grape tomatoes
Method:

Heat oil in a large skillet, add squash, zucchini and garlic. Stir frequently until tender. When squash is tender add herbs and tomatoes, turn off heat, stir to combine. 

No comments: