Peanut Butter Cookies



Everyone's got their favourite Peanut Butter cookie recipe, and this is mine. I have several PBC recipes kicking around, but this is my oldest and my best. I hardly ever make cookies anymore, and I think the last time I made PBC was over 8 years ago, but I thought I'd add this recipe to my online collection so I won't have to dig around in my old cookbooks next time.

This recipe makes about 13 2" round cookies.

ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup pure peanut butter ('pure' as in not mixed with any kind of oil as many brands are)
  • 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
  • 1/2 cup flour (I use whole wheat, sometimes half of another type of flour, just not white)
  • 1/4 tsp sea salt
method:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a medium size bowl combine peanut butter and maple syrup until smooth.

Add flour and salt, mix gently until combined.

Using a tablespoon measuring spoon, dip it in a bit of water and spoon level spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.  

Using a fork, slightly flatten cookies until they are between 1/4" and 1/2" thick.

Bake 12 minutes.

Remove from oven. Allow to rest on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.

No comments: